The HEB Chamber of Commerce has partnered with chambers in 22 North Texas counties to offer our members new health insurance options through the North Texas Employers Health Plan Cooperative.
We hope that this new Cooperative will be of great benefit to our members, giving them the same buying power large businesses enjoy as well as unique plan designs and pricing. The plan launches on November 1, 2018. Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is eligible for this plan?
Small businesses with between 2 and 50 employees and located in 22 North Texas counties are eligible for the plan. To see which counties are included, please see this map.
Do I have to be a member of the HEB Chamber to be eligible?
Your business must be a member of the HEB Chamber or one of the other affiliated Chambers to buy or sell the plans.
What does the plan offer?
The cooperative will offer a variety of plans. They are not “skinny” plans – they are similar to some of the most popular plans offered to large employers nationwide. Benefits include:
- Guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Unlimited lifetime maximum
- Preventive care covered at 100 percent
- Prescription drug coverage (all plans)
- Maternity benefits and coverage (all plans)
- Unlimited $0 co-pay for doctor visits for children under 19 (available on most plans)
- Nationwide network coverage
- Mental health/substance abuse coverage (all plans);
- Unlimited $0 co-pay for telemedicine service (on most plans)
- Personalized weight loss program with no-cost individual virtual coaching
- Smoking cessation program with no-cost individual coaching
Is medical underwriting required?
No. The rating for eligible businesses is based on company demographics and census information, and not on health conditions. As noted above, pre-existing conditions are covered.
How much money will the plans save my business?
Depending on your company and employee demographics, you could save up to 15 percent on your current premiums.
Why are you doing this?
Chambers of commerce were founded on the belief that small businesses are stronger when they join forces to achieve their goals. We hope this plan will greatly benefit our members and help us achieve our mission of Advancing Business, Strengthening Community.