Calling all Artists and Designers!
Do you have excellent graphic design skills? Perhaps you’re naturally artistic and creative? Since the Chamber recently celebrated its 60th anniversary, a new Chamber logo is in order! We’re having a contest for the design of our new logo, something that embodies our new mission of “Advancing Business, Strengthening Community.” We are inviting interested members to submit a new design for the HEB Chamber of Commerce’s logo. We want a logo which will provide a common look and feel across our community that represents our new mission for the HEB Chamber of Commerce.
HEB Chamber of Commerce Logo Contest Official Rules
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Hurst Euless Bedford Chamber of Commerce Logo Design Contest organized by the Hurst Euless Bedford Chamber of Commerce (“HEB Chamber”), (the “Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a logo for the HEB Chamber. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
“HEB Chamber” and “Chamber” means the HEB Chamber of Commerce.
- The Contest is open to everyone except those few people involved in the contest decision making process as described below.
- Members of the Marketing Committee or HEB Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, who are the contest judges, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest unless they recuse themselves from any involvement in the decision making process.
- Chamber Staff may participate, but cannot receive the compensation if their design is chosen.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- The Chamber reserves the right to reject any or all logo submissions, and to extend or cancel the competition at its discretion.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and other uses the Chamber deems appropriate. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The Chamber may consider registering the winning logo as a Service Mark. Because of this, Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that cannot be registered as a Service Mark, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Contest.
All entry materials become the exclusive property of HEB Chamber of Commerce and will not be returned. Any and all intellectual property rights in and ownership of the winning submission will be deemed transferred, without any compensation or consideration, to HEB Chamber of Commerce at the time of submission. If considered necessary by HEB Chamber of Commerce, the winner will be required, and undertakes by virtue of his/her submission, to sign an affidavit of eligibility and transfer to HEB Chamber of Commerce of the intellectual property rights and ownership to the winning logo entry.
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS).
- The logo may or may not contain the words “HEB Chamber of Commerce” and may or may not have a tagline which succinctly describes the mission of the Chamber. The Chamber reserves the right to accept the tagline, but reject the logo.
- We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program.
- Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
- We require a black/white version to accompany a color version.
- The logo needs to be recognizable when printed as small as 1.5 cm. and as large as 150 cm.
- Do not use more than two fonts.
- Logo submissions may not contain copyrighted or proprietary images, including the current HEB Chamber of Commerce logo. This means no clip art files or stock images. You must create these elements from scratch if they are used.
- JPGs must be at least 300 dpi in density and 1200×1200 dpi of the logo are also requested so that entries can be posted to the HEB Chamber of Commerce web site without the need for conversion.
- Consider contemporary trends in logo design, but remain timeless.
- Be adaptable to multiple uses. The logo will appear on the Chamber’s website, social media, promotional materials, and other media as deemed appropriate by the Chamber.
- The logo should not lose impact or legibility when substantially reduced.
- If the full logo would not be legible as such, then one element of the logo could be used as a square icon, while the full logo used in print, web and other materials. For example, Target uses their recognizable red circles alone as an icon, and the image with the word “Target” on their website and in print.
Whoever submits the winning design will receive their choice of one of the following:
- A complimentary booth at the 2016 EXPO in March (a $250 value).
- A complimentary entry for two players in the Chamber’s Golf Classic in April, 2016 (a $300 value).
- Chamber Membership for one year for a company from 1 to 5 employees. A $275 value, includes a $25 application fee for new members, and $250 investment for the first year. If the winning Entry is submitted by a company with more than 5 employees, then the $250 would be applied to the prevailing investment and the company would only be responsible for the difference. Eligible prize for non-members only.
How to enter
Initial entries must be submitted by email to the Chamber’s CEO and President, Mary Frazior via email. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out above. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
The email must include the name, institution, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
The deadline for Entries is 11:59PM on December 21, 2015, Central Standard Time.
We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
By submitting, the Entrant of any candidate logo gives ownership of the logo design to the HEB Chamber of Commerce.
To recap, the entry will consist of 4 files:
- the basic logo, in EPS, as a JPG, in both color and black/white.
- the basic logo, as a JPG, in both color and black/white.
We are able to handle most common file compression formats.
After the HEB Chamber of Commerce’s Marketing Committee pairs down the Entries to a few suitable options, the winner will be determined by a vote of the HEB Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in January, 2016. The new Chamber logo will be unveiled at the Annual Awards Luncheon on January 14 and a notice will be posted on the Chamber’s website.
For questions, please contact the Chamber’s CEO and President, Mary Frazior via email